Sunday, February 26, 2006

Of Life, Twilight and more...

The sky was azure blue with pillows of clouds strewn all over. A mild, gentle breeze was blowing, in no apparant hurry to reach its home...

It was me, up in my terrace( the terrace was as-far-out-of-home that I was allowed to go today owing to a fever!) bearing witness to yet another wonderful symphony conducted by Nature - yes, the Sunset!!( ok, stop rolling your eyes...believe me, there is a lot more rolling of eyes to be done by the time you are done with this post. At this juncture, I am obliged to put up this disclaimer...

/* DISCLAIMER*/

The author shall bear no liability whatsoever in case of any opthamological/neural defect arising in the reader due to the overtly sentimental content of this post.

My dear readers, you have been warned...At the risk of being cock-eyed and mentally challenged for the rest of your lives, read on..
.)

This Saturday evening, being highly vetti( vetti: vet-tee; n/adj; origin-unknown,presumed to be from certain ancient dravidian language that rhymes with nil; meaning-describes accurately the state yours truly is in most of the time, roughly translates to jobless) and exhausting all other means of killing time, I walked up to my terrace. I'm glad I did that.

I was treated to a veritable treat for the eyes and the ears. I witnessed the sunset in blissful solitude( damn! ;)) with my hands tucked away in my pyjama pockets . The fiery yellow ball that made us all scamper away to shadier places, was now a very much timid orange-red blob. Bidding the world goodbye for the day, it slowly sank into the horizon. One last time, the sun playfully peeked out from amidst the clouds, making the sky blush a deep scarlet. The sky then turned an inky blue; a silver orb being the silent sentinel of the universe. Slowly, millions of tiny twinkling stars seemed to appear out of nowhere. They grinned cheekily at me, as if they are the custodians of a sceret, mocking at my ignorance!

I just stood there in a kind of a trance...thinking about everything;thinking about nothing.

How often have we taken time off to stop and admire the small things in life; the sweet-nothings? Rarely? Never? We just amble along mindlessly in mad pursuit of what the person next to us is in mad pursuit of.

What does your life mean to you? Isn't life all about doing stuff that you want to do? My dad's friend used to say " Experience is a comb that nature gives to you when you are bald. "

Think about it and let me know your opinions...( that translates to COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT!!!)


P.S: If you read this post and fail to comment, your soul will forever rot in I-didn't-comment-in-arch's wonderful blog hell. :-D

19 Comments:

Blogger Gradwolf said...

nice to see tht u too love the subtleties of life...good one

9:42 PM  
Blogger Nimme said...

Good post after a long time
where did this happen?
ur terrace?
or some beach resort?

10:12 PM  
Blogger Archana said...

@ adi

thanks :)

@nirmal

lol...at my humble terrace. Just that i conveniently ignored the concrete jungle and the smoke :)

11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great blend of humour and seriousness...this got me laughing and thinking as well!

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice post da...
Isn't life all about doing stuff that you want to do?
you think so arch...? come for the iv da... ;)

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oki, just curious..wats I-didnt-comment-in-arch's-wonderful-blog hell like?!!! (cause i have escaped it!)

11:38 AM  
Blogger Archana said...

@ anirudh: I can tell u...but, after that I'll have to kill u :D Decide!

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

typical day: get up at 530 am leave home for college and get back by 530pm...absolutely no time to see sunsets. thats probably why even somehitng as normal as a sunset seems spectacular. blame it on the engg colleges....lol

4:18 PM  
Blogger Archana said...

@ sm: lol...yes. Leave it to AU to transform us into raving lunatics :)

12:04 PM  
Blogger _dirtboy said...

first off.. nice article. Good that i hopped here with this post on the top..

7:53 PM  
Blogger _dirtboy said...

next.. good that i hopped here, by chance.. will keep doin tht.. nice blog u got:)

7:54 PM  
Blogger _dirtboy said...

and in case you are wondering, why the hell is this guy writtin so many comments, lemme remind you, u asked for it!!

7:55 PM  
Blogger Archana said...

@ the face smasher ( hope i got the name right!): lol...thanks for the comments...do keep visiting :)

10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:( Next time something makes you smile, remember to quickly turn it upside down. :( :( :(.

10:06 PM  
Blogger Lone Observer said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:01 PM  
Blogger Lone Observer said...

now that was truly beautiful.. i have done that many a times.. and it is a world in its own..a place where you get lost in the timeless beauty... everone who reads this should do this.... ideal time is 1:00 to 4:30 ...... use your brains for once and seek high altitudes... for observing....lol

11:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you've put the disclaimer in a wrong post.
Neither was the content overtly emotional nor was it opthamologically/ neurally destructive(that while not considering the damage caused due to prolonged computer monitor viewing...).

2:21 PM  
Blogger Aditya said...

i can say 3 things...

1. nice blog
2. nice disclaimer
3. nice curse

1:09 AM  
Anonymous Apoorv said...

I usually get into sitting back and start pondering about life mode during the long train journeys . I start thinking about all nice things in my life , appreciating nature`s beauty early in the morning standing near the door when the breeze of fresh air caress my face , the mountain ranges wave at me . Good article . My soul should be spared now , now that I commented after reading the article :).

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home